Consumer Information (IDR)
Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) Procedure – Information Sheet
On the very rare occasions they occur, it is company policy to make every attempt to resolve any difference of opinion between a consumer and the company, as quickly and amicably as possible.
To assist in this process, the company has an Internal Dispute Resolution process and we invite any consumer that has a concern to take advantage of that free process.
The process is as follows:
- On contacting one of our staff advising you wish to make a complaint, you will be provided with a Grievance Claim Form (IDR form) to detail your concerns and requested outcome. If your original email or contact with the company includes sufficient information to commence our IDR process, we will not require you to complete the IDR form.
- You may fill in the IDR form and return it by email, fax or post it back. Alternatively, if you do not wish to fill in the IDR form, you can provide the details of your complaint in an email.
- If you need help to fill in the form, please ask the staff member. All staff members are trained to help you.
- We will accept information over the telephone. A staff member will write down the information you give and may ask you some questions to gain further information. We will also accept information by email.
- The completed IDR form or complaint email will be presented to our Disputes Manager and the Disputes Manager will send you an email acknowledging receipt of the IDR form or complaint email.
- The Disputes Manager will consider your information, interview any relevant staff member and consider company policy.
- That consideration will be undertaken as objectively and quickly as possible. The Disputes Manager is a senior manager who has been delegated wide powers to be equitable, reasonable and fair. The Disputes Manager’s first responsibility is to reach an amicable solution to your concerns.
- During the consideration process, you may be contacted by the Disputes Manager seeking further information clarification, or to informally discuss the matter with you.
- Every effort will be made to be efficient, honest, fair and reasonable and no company “whitewash” will be attempted.
- That consideration will be completed within 7-14 days of receipt of the IDR form or complaint email.
- The Disputes Manager will write to you with the company’s response to your concern, as detailed in the IDR form or complaint email. We will write to you within 14 business days of you submitting your completed form or complaint email. We endeavour to respond quicker than 14 business days where we can.
- Should the company disagree with your request or position, you will be advised as to what other action you may take. We sincerely hope that any further such action will not be necessary.
- Our policy is to resolve differences of opinion within 14-21 days of the company receiving the Internal Disputes Form or complaint email.
IN THE FIRST INSTANCE, PLEASE MAINTAIN CONTACT WITH OUR DISPUTES MANAGER
1300 727 431
PO Box 429
Miami Qld 4220
Thank you for taking the time to read this notice of explanation.